A balanced diet is essential for women who wish to have a baby. The right diet, increases the chances of conceiving, it also prepares the body for pregnancy and helps in the development of a healthy fetus. It is advisable to have the right kind of food pre and post pregnancy. Thus, it is important to know what to eat and what not to eat while trying to get pregnant. Read ahead to know the best food items which can help in getting pregnant!
1. Dairy products: Some researchers have proved that dairy products can increase fertility in women. It also makes the bones strong and helps in the overall growth of the mother. It provides the much required nourishment for pregnant mothers.
2. Fresh fruits and vegetables: Organic food is a must for all women who wish to conceive because they contain vitamins and minerals which make the body capable of fighting health problems and help in the growth of immunity in the body. Fruits are best eaten fresh. Canned or processed fruits contain preservative and also do not contain the right amount of vitamins.
3. Wholegrain cereals: Consumption of wholegrain keeps digestive problems at bay, which in turn helps in keeping the body healthy. A healthy body is important for having a baby.
4. Food rich in folic acid: Folic acid also known as vitamin B6 (Pyridoxin) is excellent for those women who wish to be expecting mothers. This vitamin increases the chances of implantation, post love making. Food rich in vitamin B6 are sweet potato or yams, soya, egg yolk, liver, asparagus, broccoli, banana, etc. It is also said that food which is rich in folic acid reduces the chances of miscarriage.
5. Green tea: Green tea is an excellent source of anti oxidants. Antioxidants help in stopping the reproductive cells to be destroyed easily.
6. Food rich in vitamin E: Tocopherol popularly known as vitamin E enhances the secretion of cervical mucus which increases the chances of getting pregnant. Kiwifruits, sunflower oils, almonds and wheat germ are some sources rich in vitamin E.
7. Oysters: Zinc is found in food product like pecan nuts, wheat bran and oysters. These foods products can help improve the chances of getting pregnant. Oysters largely help in enhancing the chances of getting pregnant. It helps in the better functioning of reproductive organs by aiding the use of hormones such as progesterone and estrogen in the most effective way.
8. Iron rich foods: Many women are not even aware of the fact that they are anemic. Lack of properly nourished diet leads to anemia which causes problems in fertility and pregnancy. Food which is rich in iron increases the hemoglobin levels in the body which fight anemia. Red meat, liver, apples, figs, spinach, dried fruits and leguminous pulses are excellent sources of iron.
9. Fish: Fish is excellent for women who wish have a baby in the near future. The fish oil is excellent for to be mothers. Fishes such as sardine, trout, tuna, and cod are rich sources of fish oil.
10. Meat: Eggs, chicken, fish, and lean meat are some good sources of protein. Protein is very essential for building up the body and in keeping healthy. Thus, one must take in protein rich foods.